- Strategy: Communications/media/advocacy
- Opinion writing workshops
- Op-eds & Blogs: Intensive editing or ghostwriting and placement in national media
- Content development: opinion pieces, media pitches, press releases
- Strategic pitching to national and targeted news outlets (radio/television/print/wires/online)
- Project-specific publicity
- Social media consulting and management
- Select book editing
- Select video production [short web pieces to full-length documentary]
What they're saying:
"Susan has keen instincts for what sells in editorial and is committed to bringing that deep understanding to amplify authentic, often under-represented voices of faith and moral courage. She has a finger on the pulse of today's fast-moving media cycles, enabling her to hone in on and present pivotal opportunities to shift the narrative. A gifted storyteller, she has the ability to communicate powerful messages wrapped in compelling stories that draw the audience in through emotion, before challenging them to think differently."
- Aimee Thunberg, Vice President, Communications, Auburn Seminary/New York
"Susan and I worked together at Dateline NBC and PrimeTime Live at ABC. Not only do I consider her the consummate professional, I consider her a true friend. She is hard-working, caring, conscientious and can be dogged in digging out the truth. If you're looking for someone to tell your story or project an image for your company, she's superb.”
- Olive Talley, Executive Producer, web-television/Dallas
"I have seen countless organizations waste thousands of dollars on messages that are neither focused or relevant. Susan takes a bulls-eye approach to communication. Unlike bloated, high margin companies, Susan knows how to efficiently guide clients through the message development process. "
- Robbie Boudreau, former senior advertising executive/Chicago
"Susan Barnett is a total genius, a very gifted word-smith and a pleasure to work with. Everything she has helped me with has gotten excellent press and has risen to a completely higher level of quality because of her involvement."
- Anne Speckhard, PhD, author: ISIS Defectors: Inside the Terrorist Caliphate/Washington, DC
“With Susan Barnett, you know you are working with a person who is not only intelligent and experienced but someone who takes her work seriously, researches every aspect of an issue quickly, and then condenses it for the media. She respects the client’s work, and it shows in her thorough approach on each and every project.”
- Lisa Lange, Senior VP of Communications, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals/Los Angeles
"Susan Barnett is a master at crafting the simple, relevant and powerful story behind every cause. She leverages the perspective and expertise of a network news producer to help nonprofits stand out, build relationships and inspire action that can change the world."
- Raphael Bemporad, Partner, BBMG Branding and Integrated Marketing/New York
Some of the wonderful organizations, individuals and authors I've had the privilege to work with: